The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is getting a new home near the 18th and Vine District.
The brand new location will be built adjacent to the historic Paseo YMCA on 18th Street and the Paseo. The museum is currently situated in the heart of the Historic 18th and Vine district — which opened in 1997. Here are the details you need to know about the new facility.
- The new museum will be 30,000 sqft.
- They have already received a donation from Bank of America, pledging $1 million in support of the project.
- The estimated cost to build the new facility is ~$25 million.
- Most of the funds will be privately raised, but there may be public funding down the road. Donate here.
- The principal architectural firm is Pendulum, based in the Crossroads Arts District.
A timeline for the new museum is TBD and dependent on funding.