This neighborhood is full of history and packed with various local businesses, making it an eclectic pocket of KC. Let’s see how you can spend a day in the area, from breakfast to cocktails at Martini Corner.
Start your day
- A latte and a breakfast burrito from Filling Station. The patio is our favorite part.
- Stop by Made in KC for a coffee and peruse the storefront for KC gear from local businesses.
- Stroll the neighborhood and marvel at historic homes + new developments.
Try this lunch spot
- Cliff’s Taphouse. We recommend the baked mac n’ cheese with buffalo chicken.
- The Fix. It’ll fix your midday hunger.
- Kitty’s Cafe. This iconic KC biz has been around since 1951 — made famous for their tenderloins.
- Support black-owned businesses by shopping at The Black Pantry.
- Shop vinyl records and get a mid-day espresso break at Sister Anne’s Records and Coffee.
- Discover vintage finds at Peaches Vintage Collective.
- Get your garden on at Virgil’s Plant Shop.
- Satisfy your hunger at Union on the Hill, an American bistro style eatery.
- Try a smash burger at Brewer’s Kitchen.
- Hangout on the patio and enjoy a meal at Brick House, or swing by the next morning for brunch.
End your evening
- Get your shuffleboard on while sipping on a cocktail at Ludo’s.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the summer opening of Barrio Taqueria — featuring a rooftop patio.
- Sip on a craft beer while watching your favorite sports team at Tower Tavern.
Do you know about something new coming to Union Hill? Have a spot you love that we didn’t mention? Send us a line and we’ll take a look.