There are 46 Kansas City restaurants participating in the second annual Midwest Black Restaurant Week. The event is dedicated to embracing the flavors of African-American, African, and Caribbean cuisine in cities all across the nation.
You can find the full list of participating eateries here, but we’ll share a few must-try options to add to your weekend itinerary:
- The Soul Shack, 4200 E. 35th St., Kansas City, MO | Family owned soul + comfort food
- Taste Island Grill, 3605 Broadway Blvd., Kansas City, MO | A fast-casual concept serving up Caribbean flavors
- Gigi’s Vegan + Wellness Cafe, 1103 Westport Rd., Kansas City, MO | Garden-to-table crafted meals
- Yogurtini, 4853 Main St., Kansas City, MO | Frozen yogurt to cool off, with a second participating location
- District Fish and Pasta, 1664 E. 63rd St., Kansas City, MO | Known for revolutionizing the way people eat and enjoy food
The event is happening now until this Sun., Sept. 11. 🍽️