Table of Contents
The first Friday of every month is basically a holiday in Kansas City.
First Fridays feature local artists, local food, and local retail — right up our alley. Not sure where to go, how to park, or what to see? As always, we have you covered.
The Crossroads Arts District transforms into one big creative energy on First Fridays.
Galleries + art studios:
Editor Bella’s pick: Strolling through Art Alley to see the talented graffiti artists’ work.
Eat + drink:
- There are no shortage of craft breweries along Brewer’s Alley.
- Need somewhere with something for everyone? Hit up Parlor.
- A pizza from Grinders is the fuel you need for a First Friday.
Pro tip: Wander the streets to try local food trucks.
Shop + experience:
- Get your giggle on with free shows at The Bird Comedy Theater.
- Shop KC gear at MADE MOBB.
- Keep your eyes (and ears) open for live music.
Transportation + parking:
- Take the KC Streetcar — it’s free.
- Street parking is available (the earlier you park the better).
- Pay $3 for the Arts District Garage at 287 W. 17 St.
The West Bottoms is home to the largest vintage and antique market district in the US. Plus, it extends First Fridays through the end of the weekend.
- Enjoy a dive bar feel at Lucky Boys.
- Try bistro-inspired small plates at Voltaire.
- Drop your anchor at The Ship for a bite before dancing the night away.
- Starting your adventures early? Grab a coffee at Blip.
- Try a wine tasting in between shops at Amigoni Urban Winery.
- Unwind with local brews at Stockyards Brewing Co.
- Check out this parking map.