Chiefs Kingdom, grab your red and gold gear — football season is back. Let’s dive into all things game day before the Chiefs’ first game on Thursday, Sept. 7.
What everyone’s talking about
The Chiefs are the talk of the town heading into the new season as the reigning Super Bowl LVII champions. Plus, Patrick Mahomes’ off-season endeavors as an on-screen star in Netflix’s “Quarterback” has fed the 2022-2023 season hype.
On the field, the red and gold may look a little different. Stars like Travis Kelce, Jerick McKinnon, and Isiah Pacheco are back in business, but there are plenty of rookies running through the tunnel on Thursday. Here’s who we’re keeping an eye on:
- Felix Anudike-Uzomah, defensive end
- Rashee Rice, wide receiver
- Keondre Coburn, defensive tackle
- Deneric Prince, running back
Chiefs Kingdom should not expect veteran Chris Jones to play the start of this season due to negotiation conflicts.
Watch from home
Local spots for watch parties
Brooksider, 6630 Brookside Plaza, Kansas City, MO | Absolutely no shortage of screen space here, even on the patio.
The Peanut on Main, 5000 Main St., Kansas City, MO | What better place to watch the game than KC’s oldest bar and grill? We’re talking Prohibition days.
Streetcar Grille and Tavern, 1580 Main St., Kansas City, MO | The perfect place for a family brunch during a noon game.
iTap, 403 E. 18th St., Kansas City, MO | Bring your own bites and enjoy beers from all over the world.
Games worth getting tickets to
First home game: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Detroit Lions | Thursday, Sept. 7 | 7:20 p.m.
Rival game: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bills | Sunday, Dec. 10 | 3:25 p.m.
Your must-bring stadium items:
- Your mobile ticket.
- A clear sling bag or clear purse to breeze through security.
- Chiefs gear. If your wardrobe is sorely lacking in red and gold, shop our Six & Main guide.
A quick Arrowhead survival guide:
- Parking must be purchased ahead of arrival.
- Lots open 4.5 hours prior to kickoff — fans will arrive early, so schedule wisely.
- Check the clear bag policy.
- Get ready to stand up and be loud for our Super Bowl champions.