At KCtoday, we aim to cover local elections in a way that educates and activates our community with unbiased information to encourage individual voter participation. (I.e. vote for whoever + whatever you want to, just make sure to vote.) To learn more, check out our Editorial Ethics Policy.
To recap: This year, we voted for positions like US House and Senate seats in MO + KS as well as a new KS Governor. Tack on a few amendments, and that’s the ballot.
You can stop refreshing those election trackers, because we’re here to share the results. Say hello to...
- Missouri US Senator: Eric Schmitt
- Missouri US House (D4): Mark Alford
- Missouri US House (D5): Emanuel Cleaver II
- Missouri US House (D6): Sam Graves
- Missouri Auditor: Scott Fitzpatrick
- Kansas Governor: Laura Kelly
- Kansas Attorney General: Kris Kobach
- Kansas Secretary of State: Scott Schwab
- Kansas US Senator: Jerry Moran
- Kansas US House (D1): Tracey Mann
- Kansas US House (D2): Jacob LaTurner
- Kansas US House (D3): Sharice Davids
These were the called results at the time of publication. We will update this article.
- Missouri Amendment 1 (state treasurer investments): No
- Missouri Amendment 3 (recreational marijuana): Yes
- Missouri Amendment 4 (allows legislators to increase KC police funding): Yes
- Missouri Amendment 5 (for making the National Guard its own department): Yes
- Missouri Constitutional Convention: No
- Kansas Amendment 2 (mandatory sheriff elections): Yes
- KC Question 1 (parks, rec + entertainment): Yes
- KC Question 2 (affordable housing): Yes
- KC Question 3 (Northland park land removal): Yes