The wait is over — it’s finally game day. If you’re one of the lucky fans heading to Arrowhead Stadium today (or throughout the season), we put together the ultimate game day guide to help you from the moment you arrive to the moment the game clock hits 00:00.
Arrival and parking
Chiefs fans like to arrive early, so make sure you account for more traffic near the stadium + at the Truman Sports Complex grounds. Parking lots open four and a half hours prior to kickoff. If you plan to park at Arrowhead, you must purchase a parking pass in advance.
Reminder: You can’t stay in the parking lots or outside of the stadium during games.
Ride-sharing services and drop-offs/pick-ups should head to the Missouri Welcome Center — located between Gates 1 and 2 on Blue Ridge Cutoff.
Tailgating is one of Arrowhead’s most celebrated traditions, with a sea of red and gold scattered across the lots as fans countdown to kickoff. It’s mostly fun and games, but here are some rules to keep in mind:
- Parking spaces cannot be used for tailgate equipment alone.
- Your total tailgate (including fans) is limited to eight feet behind each parking space.
- You can only tailgate if you have a ticket to the game.
- Find other pregame and tailgate options here.
Inside the Kingdom
While walking into the stadium is a magical feeling, it can also be a bit intimating. Here are a few reminders to help put you at ease as you enter:
- Check the clear bag policy.
- Leave any and all prohibited items behind.
- Find your section, bathrooms, and exits on the map.
- Get familiar with stadium accessibility.
Bonus: Pro tips from Editor Bella
- Get your gear ahead of time from Six & Main.
- Hit the bathrooms once you’re inside — the lines for the parking lot potties are long.
- Bring sunscreen for those 12 p.m. games.