Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Kansas City? From feeling fit to finding new friends, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
Read more books
- Prospero’s Books, 1800 W. 39th St., KCMO | This spot has three floors of books and media ready for you to take home.
- Rainy Day Books, 2706 W. 53rd St., Fairway, KS | Open since 1975, this book shop is no stranger to resolution readers.
- Flagship Books, 600 Ohio Ave., KCK | Need recommendations? Check out the Big Open Book Club to chat about recent reads.
- Kansas City Public Library, multiple locations | Not ready to purchase a book as your own? Check one out at the library instead.
- Sierra Winter Jewelry, 6245 Brookside Blvd., KCMO | Looking to upgrade your bling? This shop offers a handcrafted collection.
- Donna’s Dress Shop, 1410 W. 39th St., KCMO | This unique and quirky dress shop carries both new and vintage pieces that can help revamp your look in the new year.
- Vinyl Renaissance, 9038 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS | If you are an audiophile like Editor Bella, this is the place for you.
- Fetch, 1101 Mulberry St., KCMO | From vintage clothing to hilarious home goods — this West Bottoms shop is impossible to leave empty handed.
Watch local theater
- Starlight Theatre, 4600 Starlight Rd., KCMO | The cold won’t stop the beat — check out the indoor series.
- The Coterie, 2450 Grand Blvd., KCMO | Step into a world of classic + contemporary theater that seeks to involve young artists and redefine children’s theater.
- Music Hall, 301 W. 13th St., KCMO | Enjoy a Broadway show at this historic Kansas City theater.
- Feeling extra committed? Check out our roundup of community theater opportunities.
Join a gym
- True Love Yoga, 3545 Broadway Blvd., KCMO | Channel your inner zen with a yoga class.
- Brave Enough Crossfit, 1527 Howell St., North Kansas City, MO | Take your fitness to the next level at one of these classes.
- Dance Fit Flow, 1700 Locust St., KCMO | Get your body moving and grooving — all experience levels welcome.
- Mojo Cycling Studio, 4722 Broadway Blvd., KCMO | Strap on your cycle shoes and start peddling.
Start a business
- KC BizCare, City Hall, 414 E. 12th St., KCMO | Get your biz questions answered at this one-stop-shop.
- Women’s Business Center, 6405 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS | This local women’s business resource offers an array of entrepreneurial resources.
- Greater Kansas City Chamber, 30 W. Pershing Rd., KCMO | Make connections, find resources, understand the regional landscape, and enjoy member benefits.
- Spark Coworking, 1475 Walnut St., KCMO | Ignite creative ideas + collaborate with fellow Kansas Citians at this work space.
Meet new people
- KC Crew, locations vary | Become a free agent and join the recreational league of your choice to meet like-minded folks.
- InnovateHER KC, 300 E. 39th St., KCMO | This community supports, empowers, and unites women — sounds like the type of people we want to meet.
- Need a few extra recommendations? Check out our roundup of clubs to join in KC.