There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- rOOTS KC, 818 W. 17th St., Kansas City, MO
- Family Tree Nursery, multiple locations
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Jazz Kitchen | Mon.-Fri. 3-6 p.m. | Indulge in this Independence, KCK, and KCMO Creole cuisine with discounts on gumbo, popcorn shrimp, and themed New Orleans drinks.
- Pearl Tavern | Mon.-Thurs. 3-9 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.-9 p.m. | This Lee’s Summit spot is known for its eats, and half off oysters + craft munchies are making our tummies rumble.
- Made In KC Marketplace | Daily 4-7 p.m. | Get $3 local beer plus other discounted drinks at locations in Lee’s Summit, Lenexa, and the Plaza.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Wyandotte County Lake | 6136 West Dr., Kansas City, KS
- Hillsdale Lake | 26000 W. 255th St., Paola, KS
- Smithville Lake | 17201 Paradesian St., Smithville, MO
Waiting for the weekend to celebrate? You still have time to get some gifts.