Let’s taco ‘bout tacos. If you haven’t heard, the Taco Capital of the US is right here in Kansas City, Kansas. But don’t take our word for it — ask Forbes, which describes KCK’s diverse Mexican population as “masters of all Mexican dishes.”
KCK Taco Trail pass
With 50+ local taquerias, restaurants, and markets across the city, Visit KCK created the KCK Taco Trail. The passport system provides foodies with a complete list of locations, ranging from authentic street tacos to Tex-Mex styles.
The food alone is worth the free digital pass. However, Visit KCK also provides prizes based on the number of places you check into.
- Five restaurants: KCK Taco Trail decal
- 15 restaurants: Jar of Tradición flavor by Spicin Foods
- 30 restaurants: KCK Taco Trail T-shirt
- 50 restaurants: KCK Taco Trail Championship flag + name in Wall of Fame
Since the trail started two years ago (October 2020), there have been 20,317 restaurant check-ins, 1,571 prizes awarded, and 55 trail completions.
This year, in coordination with its two-year anniversary + National Taco Day, pass users have the opportunity to win two additional prizes.
Taco party challenge: Participants can enter to win a taco party for up to 15 people at the newest Taco Trail location, Palacana — at 8159 State Ave., KCK.
- Check in at three new locations on National Taco Day on Tues., Oct. 4 for two entries.
- Or, check in at three new locations during the month of October for one entry.
Hashtag challenge: Participants can enter to win a $75 gift certificate to Amigo’s Grill & Cantina — 2737 S. 47th Street, KCK — by sharing Taco Trail pictures on social media using #KCKTacoTrail + #VisitKansasCityKS.
Winners will be chosen at random.