KC Pride is back and prouder than ever. This June, Kansas City will be rocking rainbows and celebrating the LGBTQ+ community. If you want to keep up with all the pride around town, we’ve got the rundown on everything you need to know.
Pride in KC
Kansas City Pridefest is an event hosted by Kansas City Pride Community Alliance, a nonprofit organization that celebrates and recognizes the history and heritage of LGBTQ+ people in Kansas City.
- Kathy’s Kiki | Tues., June 7 | 4 p.m. | Fountain Haus, 401 Westport Rd., Kansas City, MO | $0+ | Join the party at the Pool Deck for an event celebrating Kansas City’s lesbian community.
- Women Crush Wednesday Drag Show | Wed., June 8 | 7 p.m. | Westport Ale House | $0+ | The show will be co-hosted by inclusive community organization Nclusion Plus.
- Pride Night at The K | Thurs., June 9 | 7:10 p.m. | Kauffman Stadium | $20+ | Theme tickets include a free rainbow fanny pack.
- Pride Food Truck Fridays | Every Friday | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Power of Pride Crosswalk, 14th Street and Main Street, Kansas City, MO | $0+ | Enjoy local food trucks + live entertainment.
- Pridefest | Fri., June 10-Sun., June 12 | Times Vary | Theis Park, 47th Street and Oak Street, Kansas City, MO | $5 | Celebrate diversity and love at this year’s annual KC Pride Festival.
- Kansas City Pride Parade | Sat., June 11 | 11 a.m. | Westport Road and Pennsylvania Avenue | Free | The parade will start at Westport + end at Theis Park.
- Fountain Haus Guest: Peppermint | Sun., June 12 | Times Vary | Fountain Haus, 401 Westport Rd., Kansas City, MO | $0+ | RuPaul’s Drag Race’s Drag Queen Peppermint will make her KCMO debut.
- Drag Night at Boulevard Tours & Rec. | Wed., June 15 | 6-9 p.m. | 2534 Madison Ave., Kansas City, MO | $10 | Sip on a free signature Drag Night Quirktail with a portion of proceeds benefiting Pride Haven and Our Spot KC.
- Show Your Pride Family Fun Event | Thurs., June 16 | 6-8 p.m. | Meadowbrook Park, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village, KS | $12+ | Enjoy games, art projects, hot dogs + a best dressed costume contest.
- Pride After Pride | Fri., June 17-Sun., June 19 | Times Vary | PH Coffee, 2200 Lexington Ave., Kansas City, MO | $0+ | The event includes LGBTQIA+ vendors, Drag Queen Story Time, Speed Dating + RuPaul’s Drag Race Trivia.
- Pride Bar Crawl | Sat., June 18 | 4-11:59 p.m. | John’s Big Deck, 928 Wyandotte St., Kansas City, MO | $14+ | Join the proudest crawl in KC with two or more drink vouchers.
- Drag & Brunch | Sat., June 18 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Chicken N Pickle, 1761 Burlington St., North Kansas City, MO | $10 | A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Kansas City’s Pride Haven.
- Drag Royalty Storytime for Kids | Sat., June 18 | Times vary | Kansas City Museum | $0+ | The event, featuring Candice Marie, promotes early literacy and challenges gender stereotypes.
- Drag Brunch | Sat. June 18 | 12-2 p.m. | Rye Plaza, 4646 Mill Creek Pkwy. Kansas City, MO | $50 | Enjoy a brunch buffet + non-alcoholic beverage of your choice with a side of a drag show featuring Miss Daisy Buckët.
- Pride on Vine 2.0 | Sat., June 25-Sun., June 26 | 12 p.m.-1 a.m. | 18th And Vine | $18+ | Join the celebration to acknowledge integral cultural concepts within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Queer Movie Night | Mon., June 27 | 6-8 p.m. | Kansas City Center for Inclusion, 3911 Main St., Kansas City, MO | Watch a weekly movie in an inclusive space.