Looking for a howling good time this Halloween? To make this season even more spook-tacular, we’re creep-ing it real with a round up of all the haunted experiences in the KC metro.
Most people know all know about the area’s haunted houses, including the No. 2 haunted attraction in the US in the West Bottoms. You can find out more about those in our fall guide. For this story however, we’re stepping off the beaten path (like the beginning of every classic horror movie) for some real haunted action.
Get Your Scare On 💀
Wornall/Majors Ghost Programs, two locations | Dates + times vary
- Take the family out for a ghost story history tour, or join professional ghost hunters on a paranormal investigation.
Belvoir Winery Paranormal Investigations, 1325 Odd Fellows Rd., Liberty, MO | Dates vary, 8 p.m.
- Investigate the Odd Fellows Home complex, featured on “Ghost Hunters” + “Most Terrifying Places.”
Vaile Victorian Mansion, 1500 N. Liberty St., Independence, MO | Sat., Oct. 8 | 5:30-9 p.m.
- Come for local distillery tasting, demonstrations, and stories of the spirits that live in the mansion.
Jail Haunt: Tour and Investigations, Jackson County Historic Truman Courthouse, 112 W. Lexington Ave., Independence, MO | Sat., Oct. 1-Sun., Oct. 30 | 7 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Choose a ghost tour or a full paranormal investigation, including lights-off exploration.
Haunted & Historic Spaces Tour, 13 SE 3rd St., Lee’s Summit, MO | Sat., Oct. 15 | Times vary
- This one-hour walking tour explores prominent downtown buildings with ghostly pasts.
The Elms Paranormal Package, 401 Regent St., Excelsior Springs, MO | Year-round
- Also featured in “Ghost Hunters,” add some spook to your staycation by booking a ghost tour with your room.
Sallie House, 200 S. 10th St., Atchison, KS | Year-round with reservation
- This true haunted house has been featured on Syfy, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, and A&E. Book a self-guided tour or spend the night (injury waiver required).