We love to think our presents will be up on the mantelpiece forever. But let’s face it: some things are destined to add to our closet clutter. (Unless it’s from our KC small biz gift guide, of course.)
It’s been on-trend for a while to offer experiences, rather than things, for gifts. To help you level up your gift-giving game this holiday season, check out our curated list of giftable experiences so you can sleigh the holidays.
For the foodie
- The Culinary Center of Kansas City | Dates vary | 7920 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS | Prices vary | Have fun with other foodies while learning new techniques and recipes.
- Corvino Tasting Room | Thursday-Sunday at 7 p.m. | 1830 Walnut St., KCMO | $150+ | Experience the theater of an open kitchen alongside a 10-course menu.
- Tour the J. Rieger Distillery | Open daily, hours vary | 2700 Guinotte Ave., KCMO | $20+ | Purchase a tour pass here, and give the gift of tasting local spirits.
For the artist
- Nelson Atkins Museum of Art Membership | Hours vary | 4525 Oak St., KCMO | $70+ | This year-long membership is the perfect gift for the art-lover in your life — with perks like free parking, admission to featured exhibits, and discounts on studio classes.
- Belger Arts Pottery Class | Dates vary | 2100 Walnut Ave., KCMO | $85+ | Looking for something you can do together? Learn how to throw on the pottery wheel + take home a finished product.
- The Tipsy Red Fox | Dates vary | 2300 Independence Ave., KCMO | Prices vary | This experience is all about having fun — hence the BYOB.
For the music lover
- The Taylor Swift Party | Friday, March 3 at 8 p.m. | The Truman | $15-$45 | Because everyone has a Swiftie in their life.
- 2023 Broadway Series season tickets | Dates vary | Starlight Theatre | Prices vary | Enjoy the gift of theater all year long.
- Kansas City Symphony | Dates vary | Kauffman Center | Prices Vary | Trust us, there’s not a bad seat in the house.