Yesterday was the Chiefs Kingdom Championship Parade celebrating Kansas City’s Super Bowl LVII victory. For those who didn’t attend or watch, here are some highlights so you can feel like you were there. For those who did make it out, let this be your official 3-minute stroll down memory lane.
The parade was staged at Berkley Riverfront. The players entered downtown under a giant American flag and went straight down Grand Boulevard ending at Union Station.
The action officially started at 12 p.m., but fans were camped out along the fence in the River Market early in the morning.
Parade highlights include seeing the Lombardi Trophy, the O-line’s zero-sacks shirts, and high fives from MVP Patrick Mahomes.
After the flyover during the National Anthem, many of the team leaders had a chance to speak. Some notable quotes include:
- “Chiefs Kingdom has the reputation of having the greatest fan base in the NFL.” — Clark Hunt, CEO of the Chiefs
- “There’s no place you’d rather be and no greater place to be than right here, baby.” — Head coach Andy Reid
- “This is just the beginning [...] We ain’t done yet. I’ll make sure to hit y’all back next year.” — Patrick Mahomes
A lot happened during the 2.75 hours of programming, and we couldn’t be everywhere at once. Regardless, here are some standout moments we saw:
- Patrick Mahomes’ Chief-themed WWE belt
- KC Superman made an appearance
- Tech N9ne’s performance for “the biggest crowd I’ve ever performed in front of.”
- Travis Kelce’s entire speech, complete with a call-and-response section. Nah nah, nah nah.
Editor Bella — Getting to recap my Super Bowl experience with other Chiefs fans. Seeing where people were when the clock hit 0 was so much fun.
Editor Travis — There’s literally nothing like standing at the top of the Tower at the National WWI Museum and Memorial. The views of the city are breathtaking. See what I mean?
Tell us your parade story for a chance to get featured in our newsletter.