It’s all about community. Troost Market Collective, ArtGardenKC, and The Prospect KC are joining forces to create the KC Culture Compass. This collaboration aims to bridge cultural divides, as well as celebrate arts, culture + entrepreneurship, through a two day, two festival event.
Troostapalooza + Gumbo Festival will happen back-to-back, with attractions and entertainment for the whole family. Both events strive to shine light on the electric cultural characteristics of the neighborhood. Here’s what you need to know about this jam-packed weekend.
- Sat., Oct. 8,12-6 p.m.
- 30th + Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO
- Local makers, live music + food trucks
- Appearances from Mayor Quinton Lucas + the UMKC basketball teams.
- Get free tickets here.
- Sun., Oct. 9, 12-4:30 p.m.
- 2000 Vine St., Kansas City, MO
- Personal bowl of gumbo, yard games + live music
- Buy $25 general admission tickets here.