The Phillys. Not the baseball team or the cheese steak sandwiches. These awards are given out to Kansas City area nonprofits doing amazing things around the metro.
Nonprofit Connect, the group behind the awards, started out in the 1970s as the Council of Philanthropy. Philanthropy... Philly... get it?
215+ submissions were broken into three categories based on size. Nonprofit Connect then honored 70 organizations for excellence in marketing and communications. Among the winners were Best In-House (created internally) + Best In Class (receiving the most points).
- Large division: Legal Aid of Western Missouri, 2021 Annual Report: More Than Just a Number
- Medium division: American Jazz Museum, Bird’s 101 Birthday Bash Teaser
- Small division: Veterans’ Voice Writing Project, Veterans’ Voices Magazine - Fall 2021
Best In Class
- Large division: Big Slick benefiting Children’s Mercy, Big Slick Celebrity Weekend Special Events Campaign
- Medium division: American Jazz Museum, Bird’s 101st Birthday Bash Teaser
- Small division: Veterans’ Voices Writing Project, Veterans’ Voices Magazine – Fall 2021