What is a brigadeiro? It’s a traditional Brazilian dessert that tastes like a cross between a bonbon and a truffle — but better.
Jessica Harris, owner of Sweet Kiss Brigadeiro, shared this recipe with us for her new pumpkin pie brigadeiros that launch this Saturday, Sept. 30.
- 14 oz. of condensed milk
- 7 oz. of table cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice
- 2 cups of white chocolate
- Mix everything together in a pot.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove it from the pot and let it rest for 24 hours.
- Hand roll into perfect little balls.
- Decorate with your choice of sprinkles and enjoy.
Want to compare yours to the professionals? You can find Sweet Kiss Brigadeiro at 213 W. 47th St., Kansas City, MO.