Drink Up Month: Celebrate Drink Up with the Builders Margarita from Restless Spirits
We’re settling right in with Drink Up Month, and the best way to do so is with a drink in hand. Let’s dive into how to make this Builders Margarita from the comfort of your home, thanks to Restless Spirits.
Drink Up Month has consisted of happy hours + drink specials — but we understand that sometimes, you just want to stay home. That doesn’t mean the Drink Up celebration has to end.
Today, we present you with a recipe for Restless Spirit’s Builder Margarita (surprise, it’s made with gin).
- 1.5 ounces Builders Botanical Gin
- 3 ounces of your favorite agave-based margarita mix (Restless Spirits recommends Tres Agaves)
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add gin and margarita mix; shake vigorously.
- Strain into a rocks glass, with salted rim.
- If desired, garnish with a lime wedge.
Fun fact: The Builders Botanical Gin has predominate botanical notes, including a refreshing blend of lavender, meadowsweet, and orange peel. Missouri’s first licensed woman master distiller Benay Shannon (once a non-gin drinker) originally made the spirit somewhat begrudgingly as a special request. Now, it’s a fan favorite.