It’s been a long road. Since 2018, the City of KCMO and the Waldo Community Improvement District have been working on Wornall Road’s infrastructure.
The City allocated ~$13.8 million to complete the project in two phases.
Phase one was completed in spring 2019. Upgrades were added from 85th Street to 89th Street — including a sidewalk, streetlights, and a new water line.
Now comes the finale: 74th Street to 79th Street.
Project bid reviews for phase two are expected to be completed this September. Then, contracts will be issued to:
- Reconstruct the roadway to improve traffic flow
- Add a new sidewalk along 79th Street
- Add interconnected signals + LED streetlights
- Modify the parking lot at 75th Street and Wornall Road
- Integrate the smart sewer program
- Extend the Trolley Trail Track from 74th Street to 75th Street
- Replace the water main
Construction is projected to last 15-18 months.