Beyoncé closed out the “Renaissance World Tour” the best way she could have — here in good ol’ Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium. Her KC performance marked two major milestones:
- Queen B was the first Black woman to headline a show at Arrowhead Stadium.
- She was also the first woman to headline a stand-alone concert (no openers or additional performers) at Arrowhead.
Wondering what other great moments have happened in Arrowhead history? Here are three historic feats:
- In 1973, Elton John hosted Arrowhead’s first concert.
- In 1977, Chaka Khan performed at KC’s inaugural Funk Festival, making her the first woman to perform at Arrowhead.
- That Funk Festival was also the first time Black musicians headlined at Arrowhead. Performers included Parliament, The Isley Brothers, Rufus (Chaka Khan’s band), and The Brother Johnsons.
Tell us your favorite Arrowhead concert memories. Our inbox is ready for you.