The American Royal Center is back at it again with ProRodeo this week. Some of the country’s top cowboys and cowgirls will compete in events like bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. If you’ve never been to a rodeo, it’s a ripsnortin’ good time.
- International Firefighter’s Day | Thursday, May 4 | $5 discount for firefighters.
- Cinco de Mayo | Friday, May 5
- Kentucky Derby | Saturday, May 6 | Join for a watch party and a hat contest.
Food + entertainment
- Food trucks
- Makers market
- Beer garden: Drinks before the show + live music by local bands afterward
Time + tickets
- Gates open at 5 p.m. (4 p.m. on Saturday), arena doors at 6:30 p.m.
- Shows start at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets start at $20 (free for children 3 and under)