Happy October, Kansas City. 🎃 If you’re anything like us, you’re ecstatic about fall festivals, changing leaves, and haunted houses on the horizon — and with all that excitement, you’re also looking for fun local events to attend. Read on for all the top events happening this month in the metro.
Friday, October 1-Sunday October 3
Friday | October 1
- KC Oktoberfest | Fri., Oct. 1-Sat., Oct. 2 | 5 p.m. | Crown Center | $10+ | Presented and organized by Kansas City Bier Company, modeled after the Munich Oktoberfest in Germany. 🍺
- Night Flight 5k | Fri., Oct. 1 | 9-11 p.m. | Legacy Park Amphitheater, 897 NE. Bluestem Dr., Lee’s Summit, MO | $30 | Pro Tip: LSPR is hosting a post-race party at the Legacy Park Amphitheater where you can enjoy fire pits, smores, and yard games. 🏃
- Soiree Under the Stars | Fri., Oct. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | The Combine, 2999 Troost, Kansas City, MO | $50 | An evening of cocktails, appetizers, raffle, and live music supporting the Kansas City Symphony.
- Mobile Molière” The Long Path Players | Fri., Oct. 1-Sat., Oct. 2 | Times vary | The Coterie, Crown Center | $5 | An eccentric 17th-century roaming theatre troupe searches for a stage and an audience for a jumble of Molière’s “greatest hits.”
- Oktoberfest Art & Craft Show | Fri., Oct. 1 | 11 a.m. | The Pavilion at John Knox Village, 520 Northwest Murray Road, Lee’s Summit, MO | Free | More than 100 booths for Halloween + Thanksgiving.
- Dillingham-Lewis House Ghost Tours | Fri.,Oct. 1-Sat., Oct. 16 | Times vary | Dillingham-Lewis Museum, 101 S.W. 15th St., Blue Springs, MO | $25 | Guests will hear of the ghostly tales and apparitions inside both buildings + have access to areas normally off-limits to visitors. 👻
Saturday | October 2
- Weston Applefest | Sat., Oct 2-Sun., Oct. 3 | 10 a.m. | Weston, MO | Free | Shopping + food with local artisans, vendors and craft brands. 🍎
- Fall Fest | Sat., Oct. 2 | 3 p.m. | KC Farm School, 42233 Gibbs Road, Kansas City, KS | Free | Farm tours, face painting, live music, a silent auction + interactive demos.
- BarQfest 2021 | Sat., Oct. 2 | 11 a.m.-9 p.m. | 8801 E. 66th St., Raytown, MO | $10+ | A street festival raising money for Midwest Animal ResQ. Pro Tip: This event is 21+. 🐕
- Isaiah Sharkey | Sat., Oct. 2 | 6-10 p.m. | Soirée Steak & Oyster, 1512 E. 18th St., Kansas City, MO | $35 | Musical stylings from a jazz bass guitarist.
- Creative Cardio | Sat., Oct. 2 | 8:45-9:30 a.m. | Fabletics, 4343 W 119th St A137, Leawood, KS | Free | Maximize the burn while minimizing the boredom.
Sunday | October 3
- Hayride | Sun., Oct. 3 | 5-8 p.m. | The Rock of KC, 12001 N. Robinhood Ln., Kansas City, MO | Free | Enjoy a night of bounce houses, pony rides, Music + dancing, and a fireworks show.
- Oktoberfest 5k | Sun., Oct. 3 | 8 a.m. | KC Running Company | 200 E. 135th St. Kansas City, MO | Participants receive a finishers medal, race shirt, and enjoy live traditional German music and beers.
- Let’s Get Trivial | Sun., Oct. 3 | 1-3 p.m. | Kansas Bier Company, 310 W 79th St., Kansas City, MO | Free | Gift cards are awarded to the first, second and third place teams.
- Walktober | Sun., Oct. 3 | 10 a.m.-Noon | Rockhurst University, 1100 Rockhurst Rd., Kansas City, MO | Free | A walking tour sponsored by KC Parks & Rec.
Monday, October 4-Sunday October 10
Monday | October 4
- Stringfest | Mon., Oct. 4 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Livestock Exchange Building, 1600 Genessee St., Kansas City, MO | $50+ | A party combining the history of the West Bottoms with music, all in support of the String Sprouts violin education program. 🎵
- Instant Pot 101 | Mon., Oct. 4 | 6:30 p.m. | The Culinary Center of Kansas City, 7920 Santa Fe Dr, Overland Park, KS | $65 | Tastings and detailed recipes accompany this pressure cooking class. 🍽️
- Commission Classic | Mon., Oct. 4 | 12-5 p.m. | Canyon Farms Golf Club, 17501 West 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, KS | $900+ | Teams of co-ed golfers supporting the Kansas City Sports Foundation.
- 16th Annual Golf Classic | Mon., Oct. 4 | 12 p.m. | Prairie Highlands Golf Course, 14695 S Inverness St, Olathe, KS | $150+ | Singles or teams of golfers supporting The Mission Project.
Tuesday | October 5
- Ben Folds | Tues., Oct. 5-Wed., Oct. 6 | Times Vary | Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts | $57+ | Joined by your Kansas City Symphony, Ben Folds brings his first-class melodies and irony-laced lyrics from his greatest hits to Helzberg Hall.
- Pink Out! | Tues., Oct. 5 | 4-6 p.m. | Centerpoint Medical Center, 19600 E. 39th St., S. Independence, MO | Free | Vendors, walk-in screenings + mammograms, and refreshments.
- Honky Tonk Tuesday | Tues., Oct. 5 | 7 p.m. | The Ship, 1217 Union Ave., Kansas City, MO | Free | Pro Tip: All guests must show proof of vaccination upon entry.
- Rival Sons: Pressure and Time 10 Year Anniversary Tour | Tues., Oct. 5 | 8 p.m. | The Truman, 601 East Truman Road, Kansas City, MO | $29.50+ | Openers include Reignwolf and Jameson Burt.
Wednesday | October 6
- American Royal Livestock Show | Wed., Oct. 6-Sun., Oct. 24 | Times vary | 1701 American Royal Court, Kansas City, MO | Ticket prices vary | Fun Fact: In 2020, over 2,768 exhibitors entered the American Royal Livestock Show from 40 states + Canada.
- Pitbull – I Feel Good Tour | Wed., Oct. 6 | 8 p.m. | Starlight Theatre | $31.25+ | With guest star Iggy Azalea.
- Kansas City Poetry Slam | Wed., Oct. 6 | 8 p.m. | Blip Roasters, 1301 Woodswether Rd., Kansas City, MO | $5 | Poets compete for a $50 cash prize.
Thursday | October 7
- 40th on 40th: A Midtown KC Now Celebration | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 4-7 p.m. | Major Murray Davis Park at 40th and Main, Kansas City, MO | Free | Celebrating Midtown KC Now’s 40th Anniversary with food trucks and music. 🎉
- Electric Park Opening | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 3 p.m. | J. Rieger & Co., 2700 Guinotte Ave, Kansas City, MO | Free entry | A new garden bar opens in the theme of the century-old “Electric Park.”
- Paint and Sip | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 7-9 p.m. | Happy Trees Painting Co., 1219 Union Ave., Kansas City, MO | $25 | Pro Tip: This BYOB painting party has limited seating with only 10 tickets available. 🎨
- Girls Night Out! Party in the “Tiki Room” | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 6:30 p.m. | The Culinary Center of Kansas City, 7920 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS | $65 | Learn how to make a Mai Tai + experience the Scorpion, an island-y treat that packs a “punch!” 🍹
- Crestwood Shops 100th Anniversary Celebration | Thurs., Oct. 7-Sat., Oct. 9 | Times Vary | Crestwood Shops, 55th St. between Brookside Blvd. and Oak St. | Free | KC Pet Project will be the official sponsor of this year’s event. Think: Block parties with live entertainment + food trucks. 🛍️
Friday | October 8
- Festa Italiana | Fri., Oct. 8-Sun., Oct. 10 | Times vary | Zona Rosa | Free to enter | Italian food favorites, entertainment on the main stage, and an Italian Motorsports Show — all benefiting UNICO KC. 🇮🇹
- Weston Irish Festival | Fri., Oct. 8-Sun., Oct. 10 | Times vary | O’Malley’s Pub & Courtyard, 540 Welt St., Weston, MO | Irish music, piping, dancing, and storytelling + food and drink. 🇮🇪
- Jason Aldean | Fri., Oct. 8 | 7:30 p.m. | T-Mobile Center | $25+ | Back in the Saddle Tour 2021 with special guests HARDY and Lainey Wilson.
- Jelly Roll | Fri., Oct. 8 | 8 p.m. | Arvest Bank Theatre at The Midland, 1228 Main St, Kansas City, MO | $135+ | American rapper known for collaborations, including with KC-rapper Tech N9ne.
Saturday | October 9
- Oktoberfest | Sat., Oct. 9 | 4 p.m. | Power & Light | $10 | The 5th annual event features contests + games, seasonal beers, great food, prizes, and live entertainment.
- Brew at the Zoo & Wine Too | Sat., Oct. 9 | 6:30-11 p.m. | Kansas City Zoo | $50 | Admission price includes one drink ticket. 🦓
- Shen Yun | Sat., Oct. 9-Sun., Oct. 10 | Times vary | Kauffman Center | $80+ | Experience the lost Chinese culture Shen Yun through dance, orchestration, and stunning costumes.
- Dinner Detective | Sat., Oct. 9 | 6-9 p.m. | Crowne Plaza | $70 | Solve a hilarious mystery while feasting on dinner. 🔍
- Fall Fest | Sat., Oct. 9 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Junque Drawer, 233 S. Cherry St., Olathe, KS | Free | 15+ vendors with beverages, snacks, Kansas City football items, fall decor, and more. 🛍
- Camp for a Cause | Sat., Oct. 9 | 6:30 p.m. | The Truman, 601 E. Truman Rd., Kansas City, MO | $125+ | Gather a team of 4-8 players to test your strategy, precision, and knowledge in nostalgic games. 🕹️
- Run For Beer | Sat., Oct. 9 | 11 a.m. | ExBEERiment Brewing, 925 East Lincoln Lane, Gardner, KS | $30+ | A 5k fun run with a beer waiting for you at the end.
- The Rat Pack is Back — Lee’s Summit Symphony | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7-8:30 p.m. | The Pavilion at John Knox Village, 520 NW Murray Rd, Lee’s Summit, MO | $20 | Tickets are free for youth through 6th grade and $10 for students 7th through college.
Sunday | October 10
- Oktoberfiesta | Sun., Oct. 10 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Boulevard Brewing Company, 2501 Southwest Blvd., Kansas City, MO | $20 | Ticket includes a 1-liter stein and your first fill.
- Kadesh Flow at Kaw Point | Sun., Oct. 10 | 4 p.m. | Kaw Point Park, 1403 Fairfax Trafficway, Kansas City, KS | $15 | Watch this rapper + trombonist at the confluence of the Missouri and Kaw Rivers.
- Well Wilderness Kids Fall Family Festival | Sun., Oct. 10 | 2-4 p.m. | Well Wilderness Kids Therapeutic Nature Center, 18905 W 175th Street, Olathe, KS | $25 per family | Festive eats, tractor trailer rides, and live music. 🍁
- Kansas City Nutrition & Wellness Festival | Sun., Oct. 10 | 12-5 p.m. | Casa Somerset Bed & Breakfast and Organic Farm, 16315 W. 287th St., Paola, KS | $8 | Educational workshops, sampling, music, food, and a yoga demonstration.
- The Voice of My Beloved | Sun., Oct. 10 | 4 p.m. | Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 416 W 12th St, Kansas City, MO | Free | 17th-century settings of Biblical love poetry by Monteverdi, Grandi, and Schütz.
- Chiefs vs. Bills | Sun., Oct. 10 | 7:20 p.m. | GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium | $130+ | The Chiefs look to kickoff a winning streak in this matchup against the Buffalo Bills on their home turf.
Monday, October 11-Sunday October 17
Monday | October 11
- Sharice’s Big Voice | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Sharice’s Big Voice depicts her journey to the halls of Congress, underscoring that everyone’s path in life is different, with different obstacles. 📚
- Pottery Pub | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6-9 p.m. | The Goat Brewing Co., 817 NE. Rice Rd., Lee’s Summit, MO | $40 | Select from an assortment of pottery and glaze colors to design your very own ceramic masterpiece in this DIY workshop.
Tuesday | October 12
- Electric Poe | Fri., Sept. 17-Sun., Oct. 31 | Times vary | Union Cemetery, 227 E. 28th Terr., Kansas City, MO | $15+ | This outdoor special performance returns this year with 2 new Poe stories — The Pit and the Pendulum + The Tomb of Ligeia.
- Food Pantry | Tues., Oct. 12 | 3-6 p.m. | 112 W. 23rd St. S., Independence, MO | Free | Food distribution for those in need.
- Plant-based Italiano! | Tues., Oct. 12 | 6:30 p.m. | The Culinary Center of Kansas City, 7920 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS | $65 | Pro Tip: classes are limited to 12 seats. 🍝
Wednesday | October 13
- Soundscapes in the City | Wed., Oct. 13 | 6 p.m. | City of Lee’s Summit Government, 220 SE. Green St., Lee’s Summit, MO | Free | A series of outdoor concerts featuring Lyric Opera of Kansas City artists.
- Women’s Summit 2021: Commitment | Wed., Oct. 13 | 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. | Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS | $110 | A leadership development opportunity with speakers, breakfast, and networking.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre | Wed., Oct. 13 | 5:30-8 p.m. | Smokin’ Guns BBQ & Catering, 1218 Swift St., North Kansas City, MO | $50 | A dinner filled with spooky-season inspired comedic entertainment. 🕵️
- String Art Workshop | Wed., Oct. 13 | 6-8 p.m. | What Is Mine Can Be Yours, 10922 E. Winner Rd., Independence, MO | $45 | Pro Tip: Workshops are limited to 8 participants.
Thursday | October 14
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella in Concert | Thurs., Oct. 14-Sun., Oct. 17 | 7:30 p.m. | Just Off Broadway Theatre, 3051 Central in Penn Valley Park, Kansas City, MO | $12 | Tickets only available online.
- Carrie the Musical | Thurs., Oct. 14-Sat., Oct. 23 | 7:30-10:30 p.m. | The Arts Asylum, 1000 East 9th St., Kansas City, MO | $15+ | Faust Theatre opens its 2021-2022 season.
- Meet Me In Kansas City Happy Hour | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 5-7 p.m. | Iron District | Free entry | Drink specials with a registration ticket via KC Local Events.
- Boozy Hot Cocoa & Cashmere Ladies Night Out | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6-8 p.m. | The Historic Browning Guest House, 202 S.W. 3rd St., Lee’s Summit, MO | $50+ | Indulge in a hot cocoa bar with a choice of upgrades, including reserved seating and a mixology class.
- Kansas City Marathon Health & Fitness Expo | Thurs., Oct. 15-Fri., Oct. 16 | Times vary | Union Station | Free | Sample food and drinks + check out the latest running gear.
Friday | October 15
- Cornucopia: KC’s Ultimate Fall Festival | Fri., Oct. 15-Sun., Oct. 17 | Times vary | Power & Light | Free | Family-friendly fall activities, live entertainment, food + drink tastings, and vendors. 🍂
- Celts | Fri., Oct. 15-Fri., Oct. 24 | 7:30 p.m. Friday + Saturday, or 2 p.m. Sunday | Kauffman Center | $34+ | The performance opens with Serenade, continues with the intimate work titled Wunderland, and crescendos to Celts. 🩰
- Fall Concerts in the Park | Fri., Oct. 15 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Central Park at Zona Rosa, 8640 N. Dixson Ave., Kansas City, MO | Free | Grab a lawn chair or blanket and listen to KC Groove Therapy. 🎵
- Silent Sky | Fri., Oct. 15 | 7 p.m. | STG Studio, 180 NW. Oldham Pkwy., Lee’s Summit, MO | $15 | A tale of the true story of 19th-century astronomer Henrietta Leavitt. 🔭
- HallowSTEAM Day Camp | Fri., Oct. 15 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | Blue Valley Recreation Activity Center, 6545 W. 151st St., Overland Park, KS | $44+ | Join Challenge Island for this spooky no-school day event, where tribes will work together to conquer Halloween-themed challenges.
Saturday | October 16
- KC Grilled Cheese & Mac Festival | Sat., Oct. 16 | 12:30-8 p.m. | Berkley Riverfront | $69+ | Grilled Cheese and Beer Festival combined with the KC Mac and Cheese Festival to create the cheesiest, gluten-filled fest of them all.
- Parkville Brewfest | Sat., Oct. 16 | 1-5 p.m. | English Landing Park, Parkville, MO | $40+ | 75 breweries, 12 homebrew clubs, live music, food + a commemorative tasting glass.
- Garmin Kansas City Marathon | Sat., Oct. 16 | 7 a.m. | $50+ | Additional races: half marathon, 10k, and 5k. 🏃
- Strang Hall Wine Fest | Sat., Oct. 16 | 3-7 p.m. | Strang Hall, 7313 W. 80th St. | $20+ | A worldwide assortment of wines to celebrate the beginning of fall. 🍷
- Winery Comedy Tour | Sat., Oct. 16 | 6-7:30 p.m. | White Tail Run Winery & Vineyard, 2327 North 400 Road, Edgerton, KS | $18 | Local wine paired with hysterical laughter.
Sunday | October 17
- Trivia | Sun., Oct. 17 | 2-5 p.m. | KC Wine Co., 13875 S. Gardner Rd., Olathe, KS | Free | Halloween-themed trivia. 🎃
- 27th Annual Dogtober Fest | Sun., Oct. 17 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Kemper Outdoor Education Center, 8201 Jasper Bell Rd., Blue Springs, MO | Free | Have a dog-gone good time with events, contests, workshops, and demonstrations + bring a dog food donation for free entry. 🐕
- Walktober 2021: Line Creek Trail Quick Paint Contest | Sun., Oct. 17 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | Line Creek Trail, 5940 N.W. Waukomis Drive, Kansas City, MO | Free | The winning artist will receive $250.
- Build Your Own Cheese Board Workshop | Sun., Oct. 17 | 3-5 p.m. | Green Dirt Farm, 1099 Welt St., Weston, MO | $85 | Your ticket includes one glass of wine, snacks, cheeses, and condiments to put on your board, as well as a Green Dirt Farm serving tray. 🧀
Monday, October 18-Sunday October 24
Monday | October 18
- Paint with a Pint | Mon., Oct. 18 | 5-8 p.m. | The Goat Brewing Co., 817 Northeast Rice Road, Lee’s Summit, MO | $30 | Paint a Halloween bat with your first beer free. 🦇
- Fall Farm & Food Conference | Mon., Oct. 18-Tues., Oct. 19 | Times vary | Locations vary | Free | Tour urban farms and learn from experienced growers. 🌿
Tuesday | October 19
- August Burns Red | Tues., Oct. 19 | 7 p.m. | The Truman, 601 E. Truman Rd., Kansas City, MO | $27.50+ | The metalcore band’s Leveler 10-Year Anniversary Tour. 🎶
- In This Moment & Black Veil Brides | Tues., Oct. 19 | 6:15 p.m. | Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland | $35+ | 2 bands come together for their In-Between Tour.
- Halloween Paint & Sip | Tues., Oct. 19 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Sinclair’s Restaurant, 1402 Northwest Hwy. 7, Blue Springs, MO | $35 | Ticket prices include a free drink + all materials you need to paint a masterpiece. 🖌️
- Little Explorer’s Club + Skeletons: From Skull to Toes | Tues., Oct. 19 | 10:15-11 a.m. | Museum at Prairiefire, 5801 W. 135th St., Overland Park, KS | $5 | Your children will learn about all of the bones in our body + take a trip to the Discovery Room to see some of our spooky skeletons.
Wednesday | October 20
- The View Trunk-or-Treat | Wed., Oct. 20 | 5-8 p.m. | 13500 Byars Road, Grandview, MO | Free | Put on your costume for a night of candy, games, and music at this community center. 🎃
- Fried & True: Old-Fashioned Skillet-Fried Chicken Dinner | Wed., Oct. 20 | 6:30-9 p.m. | The Culinary Center of Kansas City, 7920 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS | $70 | Hands-on learning + tasting this crispy comfort food classic.
- Careers & Connections Networking Event | Wed., Oct. 20 | 4:30-5:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Career coaching and marketplace visibility.
- Northland Coffee Connect | Wed., Oct. 20 | 7:45-9 a.m. | iWerx, 1520 Clay St., North Kansas City, MO | Free | Networking event for anyone who wants to start or support area entrepreneurial ventures. ☕
- Writers for Readers 2021: An Evening With Patrick Radden Keefe | Wed., Oct. 20 | 6 p.m. | Virtual | Free | RSVP to hear about the award-winning book, “Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty.”
- Honk & Howl | Wed., Oct. 20 | 5-6 p.m. | MCC – Maple Woods Campus, 2601 N.E. Barry Rd., Kansas City, MO | Free | Cars will drive through the “spooky” parking lot and get treats from booths + trunks, weather permitting.
Thursday | October 21
- Story Swap | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Put your name in the hat for a chance to share a 7-minute story, or just come to enjoy the show. 🎤
- Soundscapes in the City | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30 p.m. | National WWl Museum and Memorial, Southeast Lawn | Free | Pack a picnic, bring a blanket or chairs and enjoy a beautiful evening of greatest hits from the Lyric Opera of Kansas City.
- Mummies Night Out | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 6-9 p.m. | Boulevard Brewing Co. – Tours & Recreation Center | $50+ | A night of food and drink, costume contests, games, giveaways, swag bags, fun with local moms and businesses.
- Fairy Tale Forest | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30 p.m. | Martha LaFite Thompson Nature Sanctuary, 407 N. Lafrenz Rd., Liberty, MO | $5 | Walk through a quarter-mile trail on the “WALK OF 100 JACK-O-LANTERNS,” carved by local volunteers + get a treat bag to take home. 🌲
Friday | October 22
- KC Mystic Fest | Fri., Oct. 22-Sun., Oct. 24 | Times vary | Stoney Creek Hotel, 18011 Bass Pro Dr. Independence, MO | $6+ | Tarot, chakra, aura, and anything else spiritual and metaphysical.
- KC NWSL vs. NJ/NY Gotham FC | Fri., Oct. 22 | 7 p.m. | Legends Field | $15+ | The second-to-last home game of the season.
- Majors House Ghost Tours | Fri., Oct. 22 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Alexander Majors Home 8201 State Line Rd., Kansas City, MO | $15+ | Tours cover the history of the house, ghost legends of the nineteenth century, and stories of spirits still there today.
- Night of the Living Farm | Fri., Oct. 22-Sat., Oct. 30 | 5:30-9 p.m. | Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, 13800 Switzer Rd, Overland Park, KS | $15 | Scary and non-scary hayrides, live entertainment, and activities for the kiddos.
- Boo Bash | Fri., Oct. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | Azura Amphitheater | $35 + | Nelly & Blanco Brown 2021 tour comes to Bonner Springs.
Saturday | October 23
- Day of the Dead Celebration | Sat., Oct. 23 | 6-9 p.m. | Kansas City Museum | The 8th annual celebration will allow altar viewing only. 💀
- Mavericks vs. Heartlanders | Sat., Oct. 23 | 7:05 p.m. | Cable Dahmer Arena | $12+ | KC kicks off the first regular season home game. 🏒
- Ron White | Sat., Oct. 23 | 8:30 p.m. | Ameristar Casino | $109+ | Pro Tip: This comedic performance is an 18+ event.
- Drive-Thru Trunk or Treat | Sat., Oct. 23 | 4-6 p.m. | Early Childhood Development Center, 6401 N. Prospect Ave., Kansas City, MO | Free | Bring your decorated trunk, lots of candy, and your dressed-up self. 🍬
- End of the World Pub Crawl | Sat., Oct. 23 | 1-5 p.m. | 400 E. 31st St., Kansas City, MO | $25 | Your task is to journey to all participating venues while avoiding the zombies trying to take your life (flags).
- Dirty Diznee Mixology Class & Piano Bar | Sat., Oct. 23 | 7-9:30 p.m. | 215 Southwest Blvd., Kansas City, MO | $45 | Join MTM Mixology in making 4 Disney villain cocktails, then enjoy a live piano bar playing a remix of childhood classics with an adult twist.
- Crossroads Wellness Crawl | Sat., Oct. 23 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | 1808 McGee St., Kansas City, MO | Free | Included in the crawl will be cryotherapy sessions, functional assessments, and a 30 minute workout.
Sunday | October 24
- Kansas City Engaged | Sun., Oct. 24 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS | $10 | Meet more than 100 wedding professionals, try samples, and win prizes.
- Hangin in the Hangar – Chiefs Watch Party with your Heroes | Sun., Oct. 24 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | 500 N.W. Richards Rd., Kansas City, MO | $20+ | Food, drinks, helicopter rides, an auction, and a huge screen to watch the Chiefs take on the Tennessee Titans in a helicopter hangar.
Monday, October 25-Sunday October 31
Monday | October 25
- Sisters of the Tarot | Mon., Oct. 25 | 7-9:30 p.m. | KC-Studio, 210 W. 19th Terr., Kansas City, MO | $120 | 4 sessions of learning to read tarot cards and other forms of divination in a supportive circle of women.
Tuesday | October 26
- Blackberry Smoke | Tues., Oct. 26 | 7 p.m. | Uptown Theater | $35+ | An American rock band who had their first chart success with 3rd album The Whippoorwill.
- Witches and Warlocks Tea Party | Tues., Oct. 26 | 10:30 a.m. | Main Street Galleria and Upstairs Tea Room, 501 Main St., Weston, MO | $30 | Tickets include a 3-course luncheon with a photo booth, door prizes, and cash bar available for wine + beer.
Wednesday | October 27
- Dracula | Wed., Oct. 27 | 7:30 p.m. | Aztec Shawnee Theater, 11119 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS | $5 | A night of horror and history at the Aztec Shawnee Theater’s first movie showing since 1974. 🧛
- Mavericks vs. Oilers | Wed., Oct. 27 | 7:05 p.m. | Cable Dahmer Arena | $12+ | Grain Valley Night as KC faces off against Tulsa. 🏒
- Social Media Marketing 101: Essentials for an Effective Strategy | Wed., Oct. 27 | 12-1 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Learn how to set and achieve meaningful social media goals + which social platforms can help drive the most sales in this workshop. 💻
Thursday | October 28
- The Anarchy Fun Time Show – Live Taping | Thurs., Oct. 29 | 7-9 p.m. | The Westport Coffee House Theater, 4010 Pennsylvania Ave., Kansas City, MO | $15 | A live variety show, written and performed by some of Kansas City’s best comedians and actors.
- Thrill of the Grill | Thurs., Oct. 29 | 5 p.m. | 4509 Walnut St., Kansas City, MO | Free | Drinks + yard games, and see who will win this year’s Thrill of the Grill title.
Friday | October 29
- Cowtown Vintage & Art Exchange | Fri., Oct. 29 | 3-10 p.m. | EL TORREON, 3101 Gillham Plaza, Kansas City, MO | Free | 20+ vendors, live krump dance sessions, and activities for the kids.
- Octetoberfest | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7 p.m. | St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 1307 Holmes St., Kansas City, MO | $15 | Spooky vocal music by living composers, themed alcoholic and nonalcoholic libations, and tales of the allegedly haunted St. Mary’s Episcopal Church.
- Nightmare on 7th Highway | Fri., Oct. 29 | 8 p.m. | Lee Andrew Hall And Gardens, 8510 RT-7 S., Blue Springs, MO | $20 | Spooky refreshments, adult Halloween basket raffle give away, DJ Smiley, and a costume contest.
- Trunk or Treat | Fri., Oct. 29 | 5:30-8 p.m. | Hillsong Kansas City, 2620 Burlington St., North Kansas City, MO | Family fun featuring inflatables, contests and games, a scavenger hunt, pumpkin painting, cider and hot chocolate, and candy from trunk booths. 🍫
- Backyard Movies: Scream | Fri., Oct. 29 | 6:30-10 p.m. | Screenland Armour Theatre, 408 Armour Rd., Kansas City, MO | $40 | Pro Tip: Check-in is located behind the main building. 🎥
Saturday | October 30
- KC NWSL vs. OL Reign | Sat., Oct. 30 | 7 p.m. | Legends Field | $13+ | The last home game of the 2021 season.
- Trick Or Treat Off The Street | Sat., Oct. 30 | 3-6 p.m. | Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm, 1200 Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS | $4 | Admission includes a hay wagon ride, games, crafts and candy stations. 👻
- Harvest Fest 2021 | Sat., Oct. 30 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | Manheim Gardens, 4229 Forest Ave., Kansas City, MO | Community garden celebration with creative vendors, ghost stories, and a sunset Dia De Los Muertos performance.
- Ciders & Spiders, Tricks & Treats | Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Louisburg Cider Mill Family Farm, 147230 K-68 Hwy, Louisburg, KS | Trick-or-treating at the farm with a costume contest.
- Fall Fest 2021 | Sat., Oct. 30 | 12-3 p.m. | Serendipity Farm & Vine, 4674 W. 183rd St., Stilwell, KS | $14 | Live music, carnival games, and fair food + reduced cost for the kiddos.
Sunday | October 31
- Kansas City Bridal and Wedding Expo | Sun., Oct. 31 | 12:30-5 p.m. | The Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO | Free | Vendors of wedding professionals ready to help you find the perfect gown, reception venue, invitations, photographer, music, menu, and honeymoon destination. 👰